Results of an April 2011 YouGov/Siraj survey of Egypt.
Pictured: Approval ratings of global political figures.
Who Egyptians would like to see leading the country:
- Amr Moussa - 25%, down from 49% in February
- Ahmed Zeweil - 8%
- Omar Suleiman -7%
- Don’t Know - 30%, up from 13%
Direction of the country:
- Right direction: 62%
- Wrong direction: 9%
- Remove it: 65%
- Keep it: 23%
Will elections be “free and fair”?
- Very or fairly confident: 86%
What role should Islam play in the new Egypt?
- Secular state: 14%
- Quran-based Islamic law: 25%
- Constitutional state that draws on Islam as a source: 57%
- Don’t know: 4%
Opinion of Arab League/UN involvement in Libya:
- Support: 74%
- Don’t support: 14%
Should Egypt continue to honour the Camp David peace accords:
See the full survey results here.